TenA Companies, Inc. uses Aurora to schedule a large volume of mortgage audits to a large staff of auditors.
There are different categories of mortgage audits (e.g. pre-funding vs. post-funding) that have significantly different auditing requirements.
Furthermore, each category of mortgage audit goes through a series of processing steps, several of which are scheduled within Aurora. These steps also have different processing requirements. Some must have specific audit distribution requirements (e.g. to have multiple auditors working a batch of audits, vs. having all audits processed by the same auditor, vs. distributing the processing to whoever can work it first).
Beyond these category and step complications, mortgage auditing has several personnel-related complications:
- Each audit has certain training requirements. Only auditors with the appropriate training should be considered.
- For quality client service, higher-volume clients are assigned consistent teams of auditors who should be preferentially assigned, if possible.
- Some auditors serve in other roles as well, and that must be taken into account when projecting audit allocation.
- Some auditors change which step they support, based on audit category and volume. Aurora must be able to dynamically reassign their primary role depending on the current audit mixture.
- Some auditors are faster than others. This influences the expected audit durations.
All of this logic allows TenA Companies, Inc. to accurately project their upcoming work, and determine whether overtime or other measures will be necessary in order to meet the company’s commitments.
This is critical because the auditing timeline is strict. TenA Companies, Inc. cannot miss the deadline, and being able to perform accurate scheduling and projections prevents the company from having to take expensive emergency measures.
In addition, the automatic scheduling process allows the company to respond nimbly if high-priority short-term audits arrive.
The user has the option to make manual edits, which are then respected in subsequent scheduling updates. This gives flexibility in making adjustments for rare cases that may not be covered by the logic.
In most cases, the only manual modifications required are adding vacations and sick days. The automatic update process makes all other schedule modifications and auditor assignments.
Aurora performs automated scheduling of thousands of audits, a process that used to require a human scheduler to devote a man-day each week. Because it is automated, as described above, it can be updated much more frequently, permitting rapid adaptation to changing circumstances.
Would you like a FREE Demo? Contact Us
Please enter your contact details, company name and a short message below and we will answer your query as soon as possible.