Advantages of Aurora-CCPM
With 20 years of experiences in intelligent scheduling and resource management, Stottler Henke’s Aurora-CCPM is designed to help companies tackle complex situations with ease and carry out operations more efficiently and effectively.
- Ability to handle short-duration tasks, and update buffer reports on any timeframe (E.g., once every hour).
- Ability to handle multi-projects of huge size and complexity (Boeing uses Aurora to run projects that contain over 10,000 activities! The 64-bit version of Aurora has run projects with 150,000 but the theoretical maximum is much larger.
- Buffer reports can be run as frequently as desired even with the largest models.
- Ability to do carry out forward, backward, and mixed mode scheduling.
- Intelligent scheduling that can determine shorter critical chains.
- Ability to leverage knowledge about resource constrained task placement during execution. Due to execution time differences in how tasks are actually executed the resources may become available for a task that is shown later but actually could be done now and otherwise these resources would lie idle. Aurora-CCPM could determine in real time that it is best to complete this task now.
- Ability to take variability of tasks in a chain into account in buffer consumption. That is, if a chain consists of a series of low variability tasks at the beginning then a few high variability tasks at the end of the chain, standard buffer consumption reports could give an overly optimistic view of the situation.
- Sophisticated constraints beyond human capabilities — ability to handle physical space constraints, including taking into account the creation and elimination of the space during the project.
- Ability to run how the client wants to run. It can run as a standalone application under Windows, Linux and as a web-based application.
- Ability to easily integrate with other company systems / databases.
- Explanation of reasoning. Aurora-CCPM includes the rationale for each task on why it was
schedule where it was schedule. Therefore it is easy to determine what changes could be made
for a task to occur earlier.
Situations where Aurora provides a competitive edge over other CCPM software systems:
- Situations where the client already knows the benefit of improved resource scheduling (e.g., aerospace, plant maintenance, refinery turnaround).
- Situations where forward or mixed mode scheduling is required.
- Short-duration situations such as in the medical field.
- Situations where re-work and the insertion of new tasks take place during execution.
- Situations where the project is beyond the capacity limits of other software.
- Situations where customization to algorithms is needed.
Take the Aurora ChallengeWhen compared to Primavera, Aurora reduced turnaround time by 20%. Compared to Microsoft Project, Aurora reduced turnaround time by 30%! Find out how much time you could save by taking the 'Aurora Challenge' - a free study that will enable you to benchmark Aurora against your current schedules.